The story of DC Ranch dates to the time Dr. W.B. (Doc) Crosby first registered the DC cattle brand in 1885. A Wisconsin businessman, E.O. Brown, then claimed the land that would grow into a 43,000-acre cattle ranch and purchased the DC brand in 1901. The family drove cattle from the ranch though the town of Scottsdale to the Phoenix Railroad on a regular basis. E.O Brown is also credited for his many contributions to the development of Scottsdale. The last cattle drive from DC Ranch took place in the late 1950s.